Header Ads

Poem: Decline of Humanity, Poet - Dr. M. Bodrul Alam Shohag (Dhaka, Bangladesh)

 



Decline of Humanity

Dr. M. Bodrul Alam Shohag

Dhaka, Bangladesh  



I can't write anything even when I write.

 Crimes against humanity happen in front of my eyes.

 I hear the screams of the victims.

 I see the rise of the rogue,

 I feel the helplessness of the oppressed. 

 These things shake my conscience.


 Still I can't write anything even while writing.

 Because I long for a carefree peaceful life,

 So I don't want to get into trouble.

 These happen before my eyes 

 And thus in this incident one of my neighbors got infected.

I am frightened.

 They show their thumbs to the laws 

Of the our peaceful country and commit demonic acts.

 I look of vultures in their eyes,

 They are carnivores

In the addiction of eating the raw flesh of our mother and sister, they have forgotten all their etiquettes

 I see everything in silence,

 Still I can't write anything even while writing.

 Because I look forward to my carefree life

No comments

Powered by Blogger.