Header Ads

POEM - A SLEEPY EYELID!



 TAGHRID BOU MERHI

(Foz Do Iguaçu, Paraná, Brasil)

 Taghrid Bou Merhi, a Lebanese multilingual poet, writer, journalist and translator living in Brasil. She has authored 21 books, a translator of 23 books to date, an author of 56 articles, a presenter of 25 books, and she participated in more than 60 Arabic books and more than 75 anthology internacional. She is an active member of various literary and creative platforms and editor in eight Arab magazines and responsible for the translation department. She is an advisory member among ten internacional poetry consultants chosen by
Chinese media giant CCTV. She is advisor to the International Union of Arab Intellectuals, in the Media Authority for Translation Affairs and advisor to the countries Al-Sham literary platform for literary translation. She is internacional embassador for the organization of creativity for peace London. She teaches Arabic to non-speakers, holds a degree in law and political science.
She has received numerous international awards, including the Nizar Sartawi International Creativity Award in 2021, Naji Numan Award in literature in 2023, and the SahityaPata Kazi Nazrul Islam Memorial Award in 2022. Taghrid has been honored for her journalistic excellence and has won primer place prize such as the "Zheng Nian Cup" 2023. International Peace Medal Award, certificate for Hyperpoem Book (a poetry book publishing 2000 poets).
Taghrid has been honored with the International Poet Zhen Xin Award for 2022 and 2023. She received the Journalistic Excellence Shield from the Nile and Euphrates Paper Magazine in 2022 and 2023. Honorary certificates as a journalist from Mubadara Magazine, Mirror of International Life Agency, Innovators Magazine, MBC Al-Iraq and Al-Mubdeoun magazine.. Her writings are part of several national and international magazines, newspapers, journals and anthologies. Her poems have been translated into 47 languages. . She speaks six languages.


POEM - A SLEEPY EYELID!
TAGHRID BOU MERHI
LEBANON/ BRAZIL

Alone in the middle of the night, it awakens to the light of my soul.

It opens its eyes, clinging to the last part of the emotions that reside in the dream.

I check it with my delicate fingers so that I can feel moments of consciousness.

If only it were a little slower or gave me a little more time to touch it as I desire,

I would have buttoned up the coat of dreams for him and prepared my heart for him with a kiss in its folds.

Sometimes, I feel attached to mental images of a beautiful dream.

In vain, I emerge from foggy gaps and manage to gather the details.

If only I could wake up with a scream to shake off the dust of sleep from me.

The middle of the night flows into my veins and embraces me tightly, causing dreams to fade away along with illusions.

The hands of time weave shivers in my body and consume remnants of light
and all shadows that were cast from darkness
aiming to plant seeds of darkness on the carpet of wind.

Occasionally, my hearing becomes slightly sensitive, causing the horses of my soul to wander through distances, frolicking with the moon.

A scream defies me, wiping away what remains in my sleepy eyes
and distracting me from counting star grains.
I forget about my shirt above the expanse of space and float among clouds.

The decoration of that grand dome enchants me with grains of light.

I gather kisses from magic under starlight and embrace the chest of night whenever midnight folds pages of separation.

I disappear during moments of consciousness and awaken in the slumber of dreams.

The harbors of days abandon me and my sails sway on ships controlled by fate.

My destiny fades away, disappearing behind dimensions of vision,
erasing cracks in darkness along with my details and weaknesses...

© TAGHRID BOU MERHI
LEBANON/ BRAZIL

No comments

Powered by Blogger.