Poems of Dervisa Grabus Colakovic (USA)




Photo of Dervisa Grabus Colakovic











The Paths Are Overgrown

Dervisa Grabus Colakovic 

Washington, USA 


 At our crossroads where we were happy,

 the weeds fell and took over everything.

 You never knew how you'd end up, 

 and you swore falsely to our love.


 Overgrown paths where happiness was,

 various-various colors where she scattered.

 Everything is withered and there is no trace of him, 

 and the black rose didn't bloom either.


 He killed the weeds that couldn't bloom,

 you were not brave so he nursed.

 It took off more and more, 

 you never knew you would lose her. 


 You went somewhere in the wrong direction, 

 the roads took you where they wanted.

 You didn't think you wouldn't get far,

 they took you in the wrong direction.


 It's too late now don't be sad,

 Look no more for me in the spring flowers. 

 I am withered my root is gone, 

 I will never bloom again either.



I Know You want Too 

Dervisa Grabus Colakovic 


 I want to wake you up in your dreams,

 always when you sleep that I am with you.

 I'll wake you up all the time because I'm restless,

 that presence of mine always pleases you.


 I want you to dream of me whenever you want

 to touch me with your sighs.

 Let them caress me and let them whisper to me,

 because you are always somewhere among them.


 I want to follow you and not give you peace,

 like you to me both night and day.

 I want to tell you how important you are,

 when you are not there i am in ignorance. 


 I want to be your first place, 

 you know that I always like first place. 

 If someone took it, I wouldn't put up with it,

 I will never let anyone else do it.


 I know you want the same, we have the same thoughts,

 you wouldn't allow such a thing either.

 We have the same desires, we don't give them to anyone,

 I know he would never love anyone again.



Sparkle in the Eyes 

Dervisa Grabus Colakovic 


 When the sparkle disappears from my eyes, 

 do i remember you don't ask me again. 

 Would I allow myself such a thing, 

 that our love is slowly erased. 


 I will remember everything from our past, 

 when you beat me and called me yours, 

 if only I were your little girl,

 no reason in the world you wouldn't give me.


 And if the shine ever fades,

 if the past is sometimes forgotten. 

 The memory will remain engraved in the soul,

 and it can always be continued. 


 When someone is dear to your heart,

 you can never forget him.

 All laws can try to judge you,

 you will never be separated from him.


©®Dervisa Grabus Colakovic 

 

About the Poetess:
Derviša Grabus Čolaković was born in 1957 in Travnik, Bosnia and Herzegovina. She currently lives and works in Washington, USA. She is  a member of the World Literary Academy. She is  the winner of the Golden Certificate.  She is one of the authors in the Encyclopedia "Best World Poets". She is included in several Anthologies and collections, for which it is a great honor to be found in Anthology 10001  writers. She wrote three collections of poems: Life Paths of Existence ( Publisher Litice, 2021);  Silent steps ( Graphic Studio of Montenegro 2022); Life and destiny (Graphic litter of Montenegro)


Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url