ETERNAL LIGHT AT THE EDGE OF NIGHT, Poetess -Yatti Sadeli (Indonesia)
ETERNAL LIGHT AT THE EDGE OF NIGHT
Yatti Sadeli (Indonesia)
Amidst the darkness embracing the earth,
A single point of radiance dances.
Is it scattered cosmic dust, or a sacred lantern guiding the heart?
I turn my gaze toward the stars;
I see their light like an eternal lamp in the pitch-black night.
Their glow pierces through space and time,
A silent witness to every dream, hope, and longing held by humans beneath the quiet sky.
And memories of the past emerge as footprints, lingering laughter, and a yearning that greets the silence.
The silence of the night dissolves into the shadows of longing,
Then drifts away alongside the love that remains, Vanishing into the dreams of a past long gone— Even though you are ever-present in my thoughts.
Happiness once visited me
When you were still by my side—
Watching the sun together,
Gazing at the moon together,
And contemplating the stars together.
Now my life is dark without you; I cannot heal the wound left when you departed with the wind.
And a hundred full moons cannot replace the days I endure—
Days filled with suffering and ceaseless tears.
I am drowning in sorrow,
Pondering my fate as I await millions of dreams
And millions of hopes,
Waiting for your return—
Even if it comes only upon the wind.
