Ghazals of Baljeet Singh Benaam

 


Photo of Baljeet Singh Benaam











GHAZAL 1

You are not here, not even your thought!
Now there is no turmoil in my life!

I can accept fighting a war,
But I will not make the helpless my shield!

Curse such a leader,
Who cannot even play a political move!

What I got was God's grace,
If I lost it, I have no regret!

That the problem of hunger be solved,
This question is not that simple!

GHAZAL 2

Whom to love, whom to betray!
We have come back to senses, what to do!

To erase the confusion of mind,
Come, let us turn the burning sand into a river!

After seeing each other to the fullest,
We long for a glimpse for a lifetime!

We end up befriending our sorrows,
There is no other way, what to do!

If you give me a little ocean,
Then we will discuss your thirst!

GHAZAL 3

Why is it necessary to desire someone!
Commit some sins in your life!

If you don't get your share of happiness,
Ruin others for a lifetime!

This is the slogan of this century,
Whatever you do, do it for no reason!

O you who leave the world of heart!
You too, sometimes live with sorrow!

My eyes are no longer used to it,
O tears, find some other path!


All three Ghazals are my original work.



Ghazal 4

In the shadow of light, the darkness was incomplete!
My senses incomplete, my ecstasy was incomplete!

Neither the tresses could open, nor the beauty could bloom!
Neither the night was complete, nor the moonlight was complete!

We couldn't even weep openly while waiting for her!
There was moisture in the eyes, but the moisture was incomplete!

I sought peace, but when no paths were found!
Where would we return, the guidance was incomplete!

Today we will say this on the touchstone of truth!
If you hadn't met, life would have been incomplete!

---

Ghazal 5

My pain too,
Is my own property!

Read it with tears,
It is the writing of pain!

Listen to it only by remaining thirsty,
It is the lecture of thirst!

If it mounts my head, what should I say!
It is a wayward destiny!

It feels like a raw thread,
Life is a chain!



Ghazal 6

Why are you raining tears!
No one is conspiring!

Sometimes you pour water on fire!
Sometimes you turn water into fire!

That same drop will become an ocean tomorrow,
Which wishes to scatter!

Where is she wearing any attire!
She is only displaying her body!

Give her a little space in your heart,
Someone is requesting you!



Baljeet Singh Benaam
Hansi, Haryana, India, 125033


Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url