Two poems of Musharraf Hussain
AUTUMN REMAINS
Musharraf Hussain
Goalpara, Assam, India
Autumn does not simply fade away;
It leaves a whisper where our heartstrings stay.
Each falling leaf is not a last goodbye,
But room for newborn dreams beneath the sky.
Though someone vanished long beyond our view,
Time cannot steal the love we once knew.
Along the roads where silent mornings gleam,
The dawn still waits beyond the misty dream.
If loneliness should shadow all you see,
Don't close your soul against the autumn breeze.
Within each leaf that drifts through amber light
Sleeps spring's first seed, awakening from night.
The river keeps its endless course below,
Bearing rich earth wherever waters flow.
Each gentle wave that kisses distant shores
Carries tomorrow's hope forevermore.
If life itself is but a flowing stream,
Let me become the moon's forgiving gleam,
To guide lost hearts through every storm they face,
Until the autumn sings of love and grace.
And when the silver finds my darkened hair,
May wonder still remain forever there.
Whenever autumn walks the bridge once more,
It brings a quiet peace worth living for.
©®Musharraf Hussain
The Moon’s Whisper of Serenity
Musharraf Hussein, Assam, India
High above, I spread my golden light,
Silver clouds embrace me through the quiet night.
I hear the gentle winds softly sing,
And crickets whisper the dreams they bring.
I come to shine along the village lane,
To touch the leaves after the evening rain.
Among the branches of the old xoan tree,
I weave my glow upon the silent sea.
I hear a kite calling across the sky,
Carrying wishes as it floats so high.
Each little dream that drifts afar,
I gather beneath my faithful star.
I do not only brighten the night,
Nor simply offer a tender light.
I keep the memories hearts hold dear,
And soothe the souls that shed a tear.
Though tomorrow clouds may hide my face,
Though seasons change and time leaves its trace,
The ancient moon will still remain,
Bringing peace through joy and pain.
Dear one, beneath this endless sky,
When gentle thoughts and memories fly,
Look toward the moon beside your door—
My quiet love will shine forevermore.
©®Musharraf Hussain
