Poems of Prafulla Panda
Heaven Sets In There
Prafulla Panda
A world so serene exists in Nature's lap
where the wind whispers and trees clap
where Koels coo-o and peacocks dance
where a passer-by muses at a nymph's glance
there mountains woo the wild flowers
while the fountains serenade in bowers
butterflies fly, and squirrels hop in mirth
so heaven sets in as soon as the sun warms the earth.
If You Can Dance A Little
Prafulla Panda
If you can step out and dance a little
with jingling anklets to raise my passion
so well can there my emotions swirl
if you can step out and dance a little
so my love can flutter while my thoughts whistle
I'll dance to mingle with you, dear in unison
if you can step out and dance a little
with jingling anklets to raise my passion.
(A Triolet= ABaAabAB)
O My Dear Jack
Prafulla Panda
I still wait for you to come back
and surprise me again as once you did
from back to front, let my love unpack
I still wait for you to come back
with the bale of affection, o my dear, Jack!
come back to me soon, and don't be so rigid
I still wait for you to come back
and surprise me again as once you did.
(A Triolet= ABaAabAB)
