Flash fiction - Sour Milk, Author - Sohag Atanu

 

Photo of Sohag Atanu










Sour Milk
Sohag Atanu


—This is the milk left over from noon. Drink it, son
.—No, Mom, I’m full. Give it to Dad.
—Why me? You’re growing. You should drink it.
—No, you drink it.
—If I drink milk at night, I feel nauseous. Give it to your mother.
—I have a stomach problem. I won’t drink it.
—Then leave it. We’ll decide later.

The next morning—
—Where is the milk?
—I threw it away.
—Why?
—It had gone sour.

After a moment of silence, the boy asked—
—Did the milk turn sour on its own, Mom?

Author Biography:
Sohag Atanu

Sohag Atanu was born on 10 April 1982. He is a poet, essayist, Flashfition writer, and reciter. He grew up on the banks of the Chitra River in Narail District, Bangladesh. Since childhood, he has been actively involved in drama, recitation, and literary and cultural activities. He has played a leading role in several cultural organizations in Dhaka, including Krity and Takshashila. For many years, he has worked as a trainer in standard pronunciation, recitation, and cultural activities. His primary literary pursuits are writing stories, poems, and essays.


Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url